Friday, September 3, 2010

Wandering ...

Breakfast was served at 8 am this morning; besides the usual American cereal and yogurt, there was also eggs, bacon, sausages, baked beans, and some sort of waffely-french-toasty something. No kidneys - at least for us Americans. Along the table there lay pots of tea and coffee, with carafes of water and milk, very evocative (for me) of boarding school. Ah, boarding school ... !

After breakfast, I became very bold and went wandering around the block by myself, which was actually quite a pleasant little trip up and down the few streets I had already traveled with some of the others; the bright early-morning sun met the brisk early-morning air with a cheery early-morning greeting, and promised to be good for the entire day. This time, I found some of the clothes boutiques and smaller shops I had missed the first time around, and wandering in and out of them, I almost felt like I blended in, which was a wonderful feeling :)

Now, we have more orientation, and then "official" Oxford tours this afternoon, during which I will play the tourist to perfection, accent my accent, flash my camera as much as I like, and come home with PHOTOS to share.

Until then,
~ Catherine :)

2 comments: