Friday, September 10, 2010

The Eagle and Child

So, tonight - being Friday, and the weekend - a few of us went out to the Eagle and Child, famously known as the Inklings' hang-out. The pub has been around since 1650, amazingly enough! I forgot to take my camera, but will do so next time I walk by, so you can all see it :) Some people got beer, but by far the majority got Pimms' and lemonade (I ordered first, and then everyone else played copy-cat!Thanks for the recommendation, E, it's definitely a keeper :), which was very good; very sweet and sparkly, kind of like an alchoholic Shirley Temple! Then someone insisted on buying a round of vodka shots ... and people started getting loud(er), so a few of us bowed out gracefully and came home. Now for some reading on the development of Medieval Europe ... though I heard someone was making cookies, and she'll probably need my expert help in that ... ;)

Missing y'all, just in case I hadn't said so recently! Keep in touch; email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment