Sunday, September 12, 2010

QUOTE!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am one of the least original creatures on this planet, and that my keenest delight and joy is theft.

I steal words. I love words. Words are cool. They can be big, they can be small; they can be ancient as the sun, or new as the moon. And they are sprinkled across the galaxy like twinkling diamonds across blue velvet, ready to be snatched up by a cool, quick leather glove. *whoosh!* And they are gone! ... tucked neatly into my little book of memorable words, to be held captive for eternity between the lady-like flowery covers of my QUOTE BOOK.

During my homework today, I have plucked the newest flower and added it to my bouquet.

And today, in my gracious capacity as fairy godmother, I here proffer a token of gratitude to all my favourite readers. You are all my favourite, because you are all my readers.

Here is my gift:

"If it is [God's] will [that I die], I shall gladly obey, but if He should prefer me to stay with you just long enought to solve the question of the origin of the soul which I have been turning over in my mind, I would gratefully accept the chance, for I doubt whether anybody else will solve it when I am gone."

Many thanks to St. Anselm for these profound and ever so slightly pretentious last words.

How do you pronounce "Proslogion"?

*

I think I've been in the dorm too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment