Friday, October 15, 2010

Week 1, Michaelmas Term: GONE

WOOSH. The sound of my life flying by!

Just got out of my Courtly Romances seminar. It was really fun; the professor loved my paper, which definitely makes my week. It also makes all the work worth it! All those long, dreary hours by myself, huddled over some moth-eaten collection of crunchy, flattened trees ... but I think I used this metaphor already.

Anyway! So, next week: Sense and Sensibility, and The Knight of the Cart. I'm looking forward to both :)

Can you believe a whole week has gone by since last Friday? Completely impossible. Of the eight weeks in an Oxford term, I have completed an entire week! One-eighth of the term is GONE! Never to occur again! So sad. And I'm already receiving pre-registration email from back home! Can you believe it?

Anyway, off to read, and write, and read some more :D Caloo, calay! I chortle.

3 comments:

  1. "Chortle" is SUCH a fun word! I actually laughed when I read that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D I'm actually doing a double quote, quoting a book which is quoting the poem there - but it's rather obscure, so I don't think people get it. But that's OK; LC is brilliant all around, and if you haven't read "Through the Looking Glass," you ought, because it is, in my humble opinion, the greater of his two Alice stories, and the more entertaining. I've been tempted to continue with my studies in Laughing and Grief just to tell people, but I don't think they'd get it unless they'd read the book, which most haven't. But you should. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My theater class gets to record ourselves doing that poem dramatically. It should be very interesting, knowing how theater people are...

    ReplyDelete