Saturday, October 16, 2010

Oxford: Inspector Lewis ... and Hathaway :)

Ok, so, those of you who have seen the PBS Masterpiece series "Inspector Lewis" or even have heard of it will imagine my "wait, what?" moment of astonishment, surprise, and a little wimsical glee when Hathaway passed me in the street this morning. At least, it looked awfully a lot like him, and he had a handful of serious-looking persons about, with a policeman or two thrown in for good measure. I was on my way to the Eng Fac at an ungodly hour (considering it is Sat) and I was walking down Broad Street, almost to Blackwells, when I glanced up (only tourists stare about and look at things in Oxford; those who know keep their eyes glued to the pavement)to see this group of people pass by, with this really tall blonde guy in the centre, talking on his cell phone. (I thought it a bit too creepy to post a picture here, but for those of your curious enough, little grey cells + google does wonders). He didn't see me *sob* and I was too polite (or just too out of it, take your pick) to stop them and interrupt and be all touristy and ask for an autograph or something, so I just kept walking. I was even too out of it to notice if Lewis was there too ... but oh well. Probably my closest brush with claim-to-fame ever, but it was cool :)

Anyway, back to Sense and Sensibility; To be sensible or not to be sensible, that is the question! ... and "sensible" had an entirely different, nearly opposite meaning, in Austen's time, so choose wisely!

6 comments:

  1. You are soooo lucky.
    But you won't be seeing Matthew Mcfadyn, cause he's in Germany... with Orlando Bloom. But if you run into Roger Hamley, tell him that I say Hi and if you find the Doctor, please come and get me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Ha ha, I don't think I'd care to see Mr. Bloom, thank you. But I will leave your card with Mr. Hamley (he isn't titled, is he? Cuz his dad is a squire? Maybe the Right Hon. Mr. H?)in case he should want to call ... as for the Doctor ... it might be the most treacherous treachery in the whole history of treason, but I would be sorely tempted to leave you behind ... however, that would mean a malicious streak in my character, of which the Doctor would never approve, meaing ... *groan* we'd have to take you with us! And then of course he'd decide he likes you better than me, and then I'd be the one who gets left behind ... :( or dies, or something. Brilliant.

    Wait, I had a dream about this ... weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET!!!!! So cool! Hey, what other cool actors are over there?! You know, my younger siblings would FLIP if they could run into any of the kids from "Chronicles of Narnia" ;) Lol. I don't suppose you've run into any of them, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, no, if I had run into any Narnians, I'm sure I'd have gone off through the Wardrobe with them! But I don't expect them or any other such characters/actors to be running around in Oxford. It's just that "Lewis" actually takes place and is filmed here, so that's why they're here. It's not really a big film location or anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I think I would probably follow them too :) But I wouldn't think they're in England right now, anyway. They should (?) be filming the next-- ... Except they're probably DONE with that by now ;) Whoops! Silly me. But yeah. Chances of running into them are pretty slim, I would think :D Unfortunate, huh?

    ReplyDelete