Monday, November 29, 2010

Week 7, Michaelmas Term: Ummm ....

Where is it? No clue. Can't find it anywhere. I'm sure it's around here somewhere ... maybe I left it in the library? Or under my pillow? Maybe it's in one of my essay files on the computer ... ? Nope, no where to be found. But ah, here comes Eighth Week! Final week of classes! FRIGHTENING! It looms larger and larger, creating dark and scary shadows on my nervous system. No consideration for my poor nerves ... !

This week is going to be absolutely crazy. Not only do I have thirty pages due within thirty hours of each other Thurs/Fri mornings, but we also have our choir concert (Bach's Christmas Oratorio, which is absolutely gorgeous; there are bits on youtube if you haven't heard it before), as well as starting to mentally prepare for packing.

PLUS it is getting COLD. You know, like the "Oh, I knew I had toes down there, somewhere ... where have they gone?" sort of cold. Yes.

Hopefully all is well back home; we STILL haven't seen a flake of snow, and I am really going to have to talk to the management about this because cold without snow is like winter without Christmas, or cake without frosting, or cocoa without marshmallows, or a one-horse-open-sleigh without jingle bells, or a tree without lights, or ...

Yes, Christmas is in the air. And I think I've caught it. And I probably won't get over it until, oh, mid-January. It's that time of year again ... ! YAY!

Wish me luck, and see you on the other side of Eighth Week! Aughhhhh!

1 comment:

  1. WOW. Your weeks over there have gone SO FAST!!!! I'm not even over there, and it seems like it went quickly! :-O Crazy life . . .

    I know what you mean about Christmas :) I'm getting excited, too. Although, I must say, that when my coworker mentioned recently there were only three more Saturdays until Christmas, I--. . . :D Let's say I was in a slight shock. Lol. But, anyway . . . Hey, so, Catherine, me darlin', what would you like for Christmas? :)

    ReplyDelete