Thursday, December 2, 2010

Yay for Snow!

One paper down, two to go! I'm on a roll!

Last night was our concert: Bach's Christmas Oratorio, which is absolutely brilliant. If you haven't heard it, go listen to it, and tell me you can learn to sing that in eight hour-and-a-half sessions, practice once with the orchestra, and then perform it all the night before a 12-page paper is due.

Who da girl???

And the paper turned out splendidly, too! (miraculously enough). The prof loved it. And I am happy.

Oh! And it's SNOWING! Which makes my week, like, exponentially happy. For those of you who don't like snow, all I can say is, we need to talk.

Oh! AND a couple of American students told me I don't sound American. I sound BRITISH! For those of you who know me, you can imagine how doggone flattered I am. I'm sure it will wear off the instant I set foot back in the Detroit airport ... ah, Detroit ... but for the moment, it's absolutely brilliant. :D

But then again, some British guy told me I sounded Irish. So ... well, I guess you can all be the judges of "how I sound" when I get back :)

Only two more weeks! I can't believe it! I am so looking forward to seeing you all again!!! ... but, *sob*, I am going to miss Oxford. Beautiful little city, Oxford. Full of lovely, quirky British people, with their lovely, quirky British ways. And I think the beauty of their Britishness makes up for their persistence in driving on the wrong side of the road ... *sigh* those Brits.

2 comments:

  1. Snow, snow, snow, snow, snow!!!!! :D We in WI are supposed to get 4-5 inches (last I heard) through tonight and tomorrow. And I think I'm ready for it now :)

    Congrats to you for being "da girl" ;) Lol. I'm glad those things went well for ya. That's cool that you picked up on the English accent! I always thought that was a fun one to do, but I'm sure I wouldn't pass for authentic :D *giggle*

    Can't wait to see you!!! :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I wish I could have been there for your concert, but you're missing mine this weekend. We're not that cool, though...
    We're getting about 5 inches of snow as I type. And I'm watching Michael and Peter as they shovel. :)
    Yay for (somewhat) blending!

    ReplyDelete