Friday, December 10, 2010

Just a few more pictures to brighten your day :)






















Here are, if you will, yesterday's adventures in a series of visuals aids!
A view of High Street from Carfax Tower, located right in the centre of the city ...
Carfax Tower itself, with two little men banging out the quarter of the hour - that's 96 times a day, 7 days a week ...

The Bridge of Sighs, which I am sure I have posted somewhere else ...
The Sheldonian Theatre, in a quite beautiful light ...
St. John's College (inside quad), where St. Edmund Campion studied ...
And, last but not least, the Eagle and Child (a side view). You can see the blue sign hanging above the door; I should have posted a close-up as well, but you can find that anywhere. Here, you see St. Giles', part of the street only, for the rest of it is on the left side of all those cars. The trees are quite lovely ...

4 comments:

  1. Dear Catherine,

    Take good care of the Mater while she's visiting you, and, of course, have tons of fun, too! I've been trying to get caught up on your blog, (I confess, I fell behind on Rose's at times, too!) Rose read your "Scribbler" poem to me, and it's truly amazing! Well done! I don't know what the name of the poem was, but Rose was using it for her drama class.

    Your photos on your blog look very professional, so maybe you need to become a travel writer and do your own photography, as well!

    Hugs and kisses to you and your mom!

    Love, Aunt Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  2. My day feels brightened ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Aunt Bridget,

    I'm glad you like the poem :) I've had quite a bit of fun with poetry during the semester. I'm flattered that she used it in class, too ;) A writer is always flattered when his work is publicized ;)

    I think a travler/writer/photographer career would be absolutely lovely; we'll have to see if anyone will pay me to do it!

    The Mater sends her regards and love, and hopefully we will all see each other soon!

    Much love,
    ~ Catherine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED the visuals :) Thanks for sharing babe!

    ReplyDelete